Odessa Maritime Training Centre
Private educational institution «Institute of Postgraduated Education»
After course completion the navigator will be able to demonstrate ability:
According to IMO regulation and requirements.
Course level - basic
The language of instruction is English.
The aim of this course is to provide for seafarers general information about safe navigation in ice conditions.
Requirements for TRAINEES – students
- To Interpretate ice and meteorological data and formulate a situation appraisal and risk analysis for passage planning;
- To determinate the specific maneuvering strategies necessary for ice transit;
- To appreciate the benefits and hazards of icebreaker assistance and convoy operations;
- To recognize, evaluate, and control the damage and consequential pollution;
- To understand the International Vessel Ice classification and outline the basic strengthening methods for vessels;
- To understand the Ice Regimes;
- To maneuvering and operate independently in Ice;
- To understand the effects of extreme low temperatures;
= Every candidate who wants to pass
this course, must have Marine engineering education - NAVIGATOR.
Number of trainees
The duration of the course:
PWA for Student:
Finland Swedish Russia Baltic
Copyright © 1998 - 2019 OMTC. All rights reserved.