Odessa Maritime Training Centre
Private educational institution «Institute of Postgraduated Education»
TRAINING OF PASSENGER SHIP PERSONNEL
Acquiring knowledge, understanding and proficiency necessary for performing duties and carrying the responsibility of passenger ship personnel prescribed by Regulation V/2 of International Convention STCW and standards А-V/2, B-V/2 of STCW Code, taking into account the IMO Model Course 1.28 “Crowd Management, Passenger Safety and Safety Training for Personnel Providing Direct Services to Passengers in Passenger Spaces”.
- Organize the safe movement of passengers when embarking and disembarking. The general design and layout of the ship
- Organization of ship-specific emergency procedures. Safety regulations; emergency plans and procedures
- Optimal use of resources. The possibility that resources available in an emergency may be limited; full use of personnel and equipment immediately available. Analysis and taking into account lessons learnt from previous accidents involving passenger ships.
- Leadership in case of emergency. Ability to: make an initial assessment and provide an effective response; set an example and focus decision making; motivate, encourage and reassure passengers and other personnel; handle the stress and identify the development of symptoms of excessive personal stress and its influence on ability to act
- Control passengers and other personnel. Human behavior and responses; Awareness of the general reaction patterns of passengers; appreciation of the possible problem of panic etc.
- Establishment and maintaining effective verbal communication. Ability to give clear and concise instructions; contribution to exchange of information with, and feedback from, passengers and other personnel;taking into account the language or languages appropriate to the principal nationalities of passengers and other personnel carried on the particular route; ability to communicate using hand signals
Course is intended for all seafarers
Number of participants
3 working days
Copyright © 1998 - 2019 OMTC. All rights reserved.